|Pictured: 2 NHL toddlers. Simon Gagne turns 8 today and Cam Ward turns 7.|
It's leap day. February 29th. The day that comes every 4 years. Since this day only happens every 4 years, I thought it would be appropriate to look at some other events that only occur every 4 years. This was one of the simpler blogs posts I've written. Take a look.
- Bob McKenzie screws up a trade on Twitter.
- Scott Gomez scores a goal...sometimes two.
- A Flyers goaltender posts a shutout.
- Henrik Lundqvist allows a goal.
- Peter Forsberg un-retires.
- The Devils go through 4 head coaches.
- Dany Heatley gets traded. Twice.
- Leafs fans call for Ron Wilson's firing, two weeks after petitioning to the NHL for his Adam Trophy nomination.
- The Islanders win a playoff series.
- Just kidding about that last one.
- Rick DiPietro
winsplays a game.
- Gary Bettman tries to move an NHL team to Mexico City, despite Seattle, Quebec City, Hartford
and Winnipegdesperately trying to get a team.
- The Detroit Red Wings lose at home.
- A player that's 6 feet tall (or taller) plays for the Habs.
- An Atlantic Division team goes over the salary cap (they're only penalized if they've won a Stanley Cup in the the current century).
- Mike Milbury agrees that a player deserves to get suspended.
- Several politicians fight to get to the White House, none of which include Tim Thomas.
- Rick Nash has tried to get out of Columbus 957 times, each of which has been as successful as Janas Reimersson in goal.
- ESPN mentions the NHL on SportsCenter.
- Canada wins the Olympic Gold Medal hockey game.
- Patrick Kane plays a hockey game...sober.